January 15, 2012

The Union - Siren's Song ( 2011 )

- "I would like something light and smooth please" - "Here you go sir" - "Thank you very much" - "You're welcome".

So this is a modern rock album that got my attention.This is modern rock played in a classic way. The union is a band that the ex-guitarist of Thunder, Luke Morley formed with Pete Shoulder, ex-vocalist of Winterville (a blues rock band) and this is their second album. I suppose you are not interested for all the above but, on the other hand, this is a very beautiful album. There are songs hard enough to please the hard rockers (like "siren's song", "obsession", remedy" and more)  and there are beautiful ballads and blues. Many of the songs stick in your head after a couple of hearings so I guess that's what makes a succesful album. I think we will be hearing more from this band...



No comments: