December 22, 2012

Headspace - I Am Anonymous

Back to progressive metal with one of my favourite albums of 2012.
Headspace is an English progressive metal band formed in 2006 by keyboardist Adam Wakeman with former (and later current) Threshold singer Damian Wilson, guitarist Pete Rinaldi, bass guitarist Lee Pomeroy and drummer Rick Brook.This is their debut album released in May. The sound is very close to Dream Theater but definitely not a copy of it. It's hard to say it but this is a kind of album that Dream Theater should have released since long ago. However, this is darker, complicated, solid and the band is lucky to have Damian behind the microphone to put such a performance (as in the latest Threshold album). I now wonder why it took me a while to understand just how good this album sounds...
 
I would prefer the song "In Hell's Name" but here is the strange "Die With a Bullet"...
 
 
 

No comments: