March 12, 2012

Darkseed - Rain of Revival



Although I had my reservations for this song like every other dark song , I must say I really liked it !Thumbs up fellow blogger Smelly..Now what about this woman..



I read some of the comments below the video and it seems like she is a mystery or something like that.. Maybe too shy? :P
The band's officical site is http://www.darkseed.com/ where you can see all its members at least its male members.
They also say this song is a soundtrack for Heroes 4? I don't know, but it is a good song , the band isn't new, it was founded in 1992 if am not mistaken, had a long break and then returned in success. They are more of a gothic metal band , at least that's their official description. Enjoy the song..

6 comments:

smelly said...

thx for posting ;P

more infos:
the "mastermind" of Darkseed was a guy named Stefan Hertrich
he also spawned a couple of side-projects:
Betray My Secrets [ethno (death) metal]
Shiva In Exile [ethno music]
Spiritual [ethno music]

i also had a quick look into the booklet for Darkseed's album "Astral Adventures" (from which Rain of Revival is taken): the female guest singer is just credited as Sasema.

Jonas/Lazarus said...

Alright but check out the group Leaves' eyes for their singer sounds like this.
Also it's a very good band :)
Almost stomped u to death today on Combo_king btw xD

CheersS!

Unknown said...

Omg lol@ Combo king...

I need more good songs of Darkseed, I 'll also check out those albums above, am curious about ethno music ;P ... As about Leaves Eyes I think Smelly would more easily recognise her than I would. Thanx again for your suggestions guys!

smelly said...

i had a look at Leaves' Eyes (i didnt know the band), but i dont think that Liv Kristine is the female singer on Darkseed's album.
i also checked some old Theatre of Tragedy songs (where Liv did the female vocals on some albums), and again i dont recognize those vocals as the ones appearing with Darkseed.

ok, here r some things for your orientation helena:
-betray my secrets had only one self-titled album: i recommend the songs Ever Expanding Eternity (!!!); Desert Dance; Of Things Not Seen.
-Shiva in Exile: Ethnic album, of which i recommend: Breathing; Nightheat; Manju. Noir album: He'neya; We're all one
-Spiritual (only one album, Pulse): not very good imho, except maybe the song Nahash
-Darkseed: i recommend two entire albums: Astral Adventures; Diving Into Darkness.

ps: yeah u tumbled around like a bull in a china shop on combo, laz :P

Jonas / Laz said...

You could check out the Vinland Saga album and the Lovelorn album if you havn't already cause that's where I think it sounds liek Liv. ANyway :) The male singer might sound a bit like Amorphis old singer or I dunno? ^^ Listen :)

H said...

Ok.. for now I ve' put something I had in mind but it's good you guys supply me with your ideas !!Thanx again