April 28, 2012

Pain of Salvation - Ashes


Daniel Gildenlöw:

"I wanted a name that meant something, a name that was more than a cool expression. For me, Pain of Salvation has the meaning of balance...

 Taking the good with the bad. It is also a good expression in everyday use, when something does not go the way you planned; "well, that’s just the pain of salvation," to indicate that this is just a slight setback on an otherwise painless journey towards your goal"

These were the words of the  band's lyricist, chief composer, guitarist, and lead vocalist about the name of their band. Personally I always liked the name as well, I think it is quite special and meaningful.

The particular song is a suggestion by Jonas from Sweden, which doesnt seem random at all since Pain of Salvation is a swedish progressive rock band, and is taken from the album "The Perfect Element, part I" (2000). Enjoy

No comments: